The annual School Board Recognition Week will be held from Oct. 21-25 this year.
The school district and Mayfield community wish to send out a hearty “thank you” to the five individuals who serve for no pay to keep our children’s education going in the right direction.
Mayfield’s Board of Education members are: Aaron Flynn, President; Cassie Kristel, Vice President; and board members Jennifer Andrews, Vanessa DiNitto and Emory Chase.
“It takes strong schools to build a strong community, and these men and women devote countless hours to making sure our schools are helping every child learn at a higher level,” said Superintendent Christopher Harper. “They make the tough decisions every month and spend many hours studying education issues and regulations in order to provide the kind of accountability our citizens expect.”
Harper said the key work of school boards is to raise student achievement by:
- Creating a shared vision for the future of education
- Setting the direction of the school district to achieve the highest student performance
- Providing accountability for student achievement results
- Developing a budget that aligns district resources to improve achievement
- Supporting a healthy school district culture in which to work and to learn
And much more!
“School board members give the Mayfield citizens a voice in education decision making. Even though we make a special effort to show our appreciation in October, their contribution is a year-round commitment,” Harper said.