- Students will be instructed in person twice per week. Homerooms in each grade will be divided in half.
- Blue Group – Mondays and Tuesdays
- Gold Group – Thursdays and Fridays
- Students with IEPs will have the opportunity to attend four days a week.
- There will be remote learning opportunities for all students each Wednesday.
- On Wednesdays, teachers will be available for supplemental instruction and for office hours.
Jr./Sr. High School
- Students will be instructed in person twice per week
- Blue Group – students with last names beginning with letter A – I (209 students),
- Instructed in person on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Gold Group – students with last names beginning with letter J through Z (203 students)
- Instructed on Thursdays and Fridays
There will be remote learning opportunities for all students each Wednesday.
On Wednesdays, teachers will be available for supplemental instruction and for office hours.
While maintaining approximately 50% capacity guidelines, with administrator approval, families that have children whose last names fall on both sides of this alphabetical breakdown will have the option to choose which day they prefer. For example, a family with two children, one with the last name Allen and another with the last name Smith, will be able to choose which day both children attend in person each week.
- Based on the July 16, 2020 guidance from NYSPHSAA, fall sports may not begin until at least September 21, 2020.
- Mayfield Central School District strives to resume activities that can be conducted in a safe environment with appropriate social distancing protocols. In addition, schools might consider the creation of extra-curricular activities that can be continued remotely in the event of another shutdown.
- Future policies and procedures related to COVID-19 will include which activities will be allowed, considering social distancing, PPE usage, and cleaning and disinfection, as well as risk of COVID-19 transmission (e.g., interscholastic sports, assemblies, and other gatherings). Policies should consider how to maintain cohorts, if applicable, or members of the same household.
- Mayfield Elementary will not be conducting extra-curricular activities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Before and After School Care:
- Essential care workers will be offered child care services at the Fulton County YMCA.