Here is the Superintendent Search Survey. Please share your thoughts on what type of superintendent you’d like for Mayfield.
The search to replace Superintendent Jon Peterson, who resigned in October, will begin next week. Since his departure, former Northville Superintendent Kathy Dougherty has served as Mayfield’s Interim Superintendent.
Here is the tentative timeline for the superintendent search:
- Monday, Feb. 4 – Elementary School Library – community meetings with staff from 3:30-4:30 p.m. and with the community from 6:15-7:15 p.m. At both forums, those in attendance will be asked to consider these five questions:
- What are the strengths of Mayfield Central School?
- What needs to be improved?
- What characteristics and personal attributes should the new superintendent have?
- What will the new superintendent need to work on first?
- Do you have any additional thoughts or comments?
- February – An online survey with the same five questions will be live during the month of February.
- February 22 – Search brochure will be prepared and distributed for applicants.
- March 22 – Application deadline
- Week of March 25 – Board of Education special meeting to review candidates and select those to be interviewed. First round of candidate interviews held.
- Week of April 1 – Second round of interviews held.
- Week of April 8 – Board of Education meets to select candidate.
- Week of April 16 – Announcement of new superintendent
- July 1 – New superintendent begins