- Each bus will be cleaned after each bus run and prior to a new group boarding in the morning and the afternoon. This procedure will be followed for any evening bus runs, if they exist.
- Buses will be equipped with hand sanitizer. Monitors and attendants will carry hand sanitizer. Students are permitted to carry and utilize their own hand sanitizer if they desire. Hand sanitizer will also be provided in the bus garage transportation breakroom, the transportation office and in the bus garage bays.
- All drivers, monitors, attendants and mechanics will be required to wear a mask or face shield while driving. All staff will be instructed on proper use of PPE, as well as the signs and symptoms of COVID-19. All staff will be trained on proper use of social distancing, and the District will provide refresher training throughout the school year. All drivers and bus aides must wear gloves when having physical contact with a student. The District will provide members of the transportation department with PPE, including masks and gloves for drivers, bus aides and mechanics.
- The Director of Facilities/Transportation or their designee will attest that each driver, mechanic and bus monitor performed a self-health assessment for symptoms of COVID-19 before arriving to work each day. Each physically able student will wear a mask before entering and during the duration of the bus ride. The District will provide students with a mask if they do not have one, and they will not be denied transportation. Students with disabilities that would prevent them from wearing a mask, will not be forced to do so, and will not be denied transportation.
- All students will be instructed on the proper use of PPE, as well as the signs and symptoms of COVID-19. All students will be trained on the proper use of social distancing, with periodic refreshers.
- Transportation will be provided to all students in non-public, parochial, private and charter schools whose IEPs have placed them out of District and whose schools are meeting and conducting in-person education when our District is not.
- Students will be dropped off at the front of the building. They will be dismissed intermittently, as to support social distancing. Students will board the bus by grade level to support social distancing. Riders will be released, and then walkers will be released.
Jr./Sr. High School
- Students will be dropped off at the front of the building. They will be dismissed intermittently, as to support social distancing. Students will be released and board the bus by floor. Riders will be released, and then walkers will be released.