College in the High School forms due Sept. 28

Students taking the following high school courses have the opportunity to register for college credits for the Fall 2021 semester through FMCC:

  • Advanced Studio Art
  • AP Biology
  • Principles of Business
  • English 103
  • AP US History
  • Algebra II
  • Pre-Calculus
  • Calculus
  • Anatomy and Physiology
  • Spanish IV

Students are not required to enroll in FMCC College in the High School credits, but it is an opportunity to pay for college credit at a reduced tuition rate and to get ahead of college course requirements.  

Tuition for this year is $210 for 3-credit courses and $280 for 4-credit courses (the same as last year). The college will send a tuition bill directly to each student’s home address after the registration forms are received and processed by the Registrar’s Office.

How do you register for College in the High School credits?

*****Paper registration forms are due to the Guidance Office by Tuesday, September 28, 2021. If you need help filling out your registration form, please contact your school counselor.***

How can I get reduced tuition for FMCC College in the High School Credits?

Apply to the FM Provost’s Scholarship. The FM Provost’s Scholarship can cover up to 50% of the tuition costs for eligible College in the High School students, The criteria for eligibility follows:

  1. Enrolled in at least 1 CHS class
  2. Meets the free/reduced price lunch criteria
  3. Has a current High School GPA of 75 or higher
  4. Must not be a Smart Scholar / PTECH student
  5. Complete this application and give to your school counselor to send over to FM by October 15, 2021.

What if I registered for College in the High School credits, but I changed my mind and do not want to pay for college credits anymore?

If students enroll for college credit and then can not complete the class for credit (including any scenario such as leaving the district, dropping the class, changing their mind etc., the FM Registrar’s office must be notified to cancel their college enrollment. The date the Registrar’s office is notified will determine if the student will be responsible for payment.

Students may drop the course (by completing a DROP form) and receive a cancellation of their tuition bill if they contact FM by October 8, 2021.

  • After October 11th, students may withdraw from a course (by completing a WITHDRAW form and will be responsible for tuition payment, even if they have not already paid the bill.
  • For half-year courses, you may withdraw from a course and receive a grade of “W” (withdrawal) between October 12th and December 1st. Students will still be responsible for tuition payment.
  • For full-year courses, students may withdraw between October 12th and May 1st 2022 and receive a grade of “W”. Students will still be responsible for tuition payment.
  • A student may not withdraw from a CHS course with a grade of a “W” after the deadline except in the case of special circumstances that are verified and approved by the Provost.
  • In the event that the college is not notified – the final grade will likely be entered in as “F” To drop or withdraw a student from a class complete the appropriate College in the High School Form and mail or fax it to the FM Registrar’s Office. Incomplete forms will not be processed.