The District requires that you agree to this contract before the District can provide you with access to the eSchoolPortal information system.
Please read this contract carefully. When you agree to this contract, it becomes a legally binding document.
The District’s goal in providing this service is to promote educational excellence by facilitating resource sharing, innovation and communication. The District will make reasonable efforts to protect students, parents, guardians and teachers from any misuse or abuses as a result of their experiences with this information service. All users must be continuously on guard to avoid inappropriate and illegal interaction with the information service.
Listed below are the provisions of this contract. If any user violates these provisions, access to the information service may be permanently denied.
1. Privileges: The online access to information is a privilege, not a right, and inappropriate use, including violation of the District’s Code of Conduct, will result in cancellation of this privilege. The administration, staff or faculty of
the District may request that the system administrator deny, revoke or suspend a specific user account without notification.
2. Services: The District and its service providers make no warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, for the service it is providing. The District and its service providers will not be responsible for any damages suffered while on the system. These damages include loss of data as a result of delays, non-deliveries, incorrect deliveries or service interruptions caused by the system or user errors or omissions. Use of any information obtained from this information system is at your own risk. The District and its service providers specifically disclaim any responsibility for the accuracy of information obtained through this service.
3. Technical Support: The District and its service providers do not provide any technical support to the users of this information service. Users are responsible for resolving any technical issues encountered when trying to access this system.
4. Security: Security on any web-based system is the responsibility of all users of the system. Users hereby agree that they will not share their passwords. Users must agree that they will report any security concerns to the system administrator immediately and that if a security issue is detected, not to discuss or demonstrate the problem to other
users of the system.
5. Identify: Users also attest that they are the rightful owners of the user name and password currently being used to access the system. Fraudulent use of another person’s user name and password may result in legal action.
6. Vandalism: Vandalism is defined as any malicious attempt to modify, harm, or destroy data and/or computer systems and/or computer networks. This includes but is not limited to, the uploading or creation of computer viruses. Any vandalism will result in the loss of computer services and legal action. As the parent or guardian of a student in the District, I have read this contract and understand that this service is designed for educational purposes.
I understand that it is impossible for the District and service provider to protect against all potential electronic security breaches. Therefore, I hereby waive all claims against the District, its officers, agents, employees and its service providers for damages occurring by reason of the use of the information system. I also agree to report any misuse of the information system to the system administrator. Misuse can come in many forms but can be viewed as the ability to view information of students other than my own or the ability to alter any information contained in the
I understand and will abide by the provisions and conditions of this contract. I understand that any violations of the above provisions may result in the revoking of my user account and appropriate legal action.