Junior High School students
All junior high school students (grades 7 and 8) involved with extracurricular activities or athletic team games/practices, which begin at 2:45 p.m. through 3:15 p.m., are required to stay during 9th period for a study hall or for extra help with one of their teachers. The location of this 9th period study hall will be announced to the students at the beginning of the school year. Generally, the high school cafeteria will be used as the activities study hall area. Changes to the study hall location will be announced to students as needed.
This study hall requirement will help improve our students’ chances for academic success, seeks to ensure student eligibility, and will reduce the risk of students being unsupervised off-site locations before practices or games.
If a sports team is scheduled to leave school for an away game prior to 2:45 p.m., students are to report to sports study hall and they will be released to get prepared for the bus trip from this study hall area. If a student-athlete’s sports practice begins after 3:15 p.m. and the student-athlete does not have any 8th period commitments, they are allowed to leave school after 8th period.
Our goal is provide a safe, supervised area for our junior high school student-athletes to complete their school work and not to add frustration to your hectic daily schedules. Please do not hesitate to contact the school with questions or concerns regarding this program.
Students staying for the 9th period activity study hall must arrive on-time and ready to work quietly on their homework and studying assignments.
If a student would like to stay for specific extra help with a teacher, they must secure a pre-signed pass from that teacher during the school day. After presenting the 8th period activity study hall supervisor with the pass, students are to report directly to their approved destination. Pass violations during 8th period are no different than during any other period during the day and fall within the guidelines of the Code of Conduct.
Advisors, Coaches & Supervisors
A list of students that are mandated to stay for this study hall is to be provided to the main office in advance of the sports or extracurricular activity season. Students who do not attend this study hall are INELIGIBLE to practice on that day. It is the advisors, coaches, or supervisor best interest to insure that their students are where they need to be.
To ensure compliance, you should follow the guidelines listed below:
- Know your students-athletes well. Be sure that they are passing all of their classes and help them to reach this goal. Ineligible students-athletes cannot help your team or club.
- Have a complete roster of club participants or players ready to provide the school when necessary.
- Know the practice and game schedule well. Inform your students when they have a practice or game that requires their attendance at the 9th period activity study hall.
- Check with your students-athletes to ensure that they did attend 9th period activity study hall before allowing them the actively participate.
- Report problems with this or any other student help programs to the building principal as soon as they arise.