Our goal is to provide a safe, comfortable environment where learning is fun. Our philosophy is that young children learn best through play and exploration.
THE PRE-K DAY
- Arrival and Free Play
- Circle Time: calendar, days of the week, weather, daily jobs, pre-reading instruction, math concepts, show and tell, fingerplays
- Snack: socialization, manners, independence
- Story: attentive listening, remembering details, answering questions, listening for pleasure
- Learning Centers
- Academic: colors, shapes, counting, numbers, letters, rhyming, sequencing, patterns, pre-writing, problem-solving, size concepts, expressive and receptive language skills, etc.
- Art: fine motor development, creativity, following directions, use of art materials, cutting, pre-writing, etc.
- Fine Motor: puzzles, stringing beads, lacing, peg boards, manipulation of small objects, building toys, cutting, pre-writing, etc.
- Play/Socialization Centers: interactive play, sharing, taking turns, cooperation, imagination, problem solving and language development
- Sensory Center: sensory exploration through the use of play dough, sand, water, etc.
- Music & Movement