May 21, 2019: Many thanks to the Mayfield community for supporting the school district’s 2019-20 school budget!
Here are the results from voting today:
- 2019-20 Proposed budget: $20,694,750
- Budget Increase $1,925,250 or 10.26%*
* reflects borrowing for the capital project and higher state aid reimbursement for the project.
- 2019-20 Tax Levy Increase: $223,779/2.9%
- YES – 306 votes – 74.3%
- NO – 106 votes – 25.7%
- Bus purchase proposal: $220,000 purchase of two, 66-passenger buses to be paid from the Bus Purchase Reserve fund.
The district is eligible for roughly 75 percent reimbursement for these vehicle purchases through state school transportation aid.
The purchase would have no affect on the 2019-20 school tax levy.
- YES – 318 votes – 77.6%
- NO – 92 votes – 22.4%
- Elect ONE member to the Board of Education. Board members are unpaid and serve five-year terms on the board:
- Frederick Castiglione (firstname.lastname@example.org) – 44 votes
- Patrick Leo (email@example.com) – 173 votes
- Emory Chase (firstname.lastname@example.org) – 191 votes
Emory Chase is elected to a five-year term on the board.