New York State Education Law requires the district to provide written notification to all persons in parental relation, faculty and staff regarding the potential use of pesticides periodically throughout the school year. The district is required to maintain a list of persons in parental relation, faculty and staff who wish to receive 48-hour prior written notification of certain pesticide applications. Please complete the Opt-in Notification Form to sign up for notifications.
The following pesticide applications are not subject to prior notification requirements:
- A school remains unoccupied for a continuous 72 hours following an application;
- Anti-microbial products;
- Nonvolatile rodenticides or insecticidal baits in tamper resistant bait stations, silica gel and other nonvolatile ready-to-use pastes, foams or gels in areas inaccessible to children;
- Boric acid and disodium octaborate tetrahydrate;
- The application of EPA designated biopesticides or exempt materials under 40CFR152.25;
- The use of aerosol products with a directed spray in containers of 18 fluid ounces or less when used to protect individuals from an imminent threat from stinging and biting insects including venomous spiders, bees, wasps and hornets.