Please schedule an appointment with the registrar to register a student. Access to the building is limited, so we ask for only one parent to register any new student/students. Please do not bring children to your registration appointment.
To register a student, you will need:
- Two proofs of residency. You will need one of each of the following options:
- utility bill (national grid, spectrum or fuel delivery)
- driver’s license with parents’ current address on it
- lease agreement/mortgage (in the name of registering parent)
- Student’s birth certificate (the original with parents’ names on it)
- If student is not living with both biological parents, a copy of the custody agreement, or both parents need to show identification and sign registration form (in the presence of the registrar)
- Records from previous school including academic and health/immunization
If student lives in the district with an adult other than parent(s), the district needs legal court papers determining the custody of the student. A meeting with principal and/or superintendent may be necessary for approval.
Pease bring any other extenuating circumstances to the attention of district registrar.
If student lives out of the district and wishes to be considered for non-resident status, they must send a letter requesting attendance including the reason for the request to the superintendent. Upon approval from the superintendent, the student may register proceed with the registration process.
Kindergarten & Pre-K Registration Requirements
Registering your child for pre-kindergarten or kindergarten is an important step for you and your child. It may be your first formal contact and introduction to Mayfield Elementary School.
The staff at Mayfield Elementary School believes this process should be an easy and enjoyable one for you and your child.
- Any child age 4 on or before Dec. 1 is eligible for pre-kindergarten this year.
- Any child age 5 on or before Dec.1 is eligible for kindergarten this year.
At the time you register your child for pre-kindergarten or kindergarten, you must present proof of residency (such as a recent utility bill), your child’s birth certificate, immunization records and a registration form, which is available at the elementary school office. If your child is participating in Mayfield’s pre-kindergarten program, you do NOT need to re-register your child for kindergarten.
The New York State Department of Health has mandated that no pupil can be admitted to school without the following immunizations. Here is a list of the required state immunizations.
The law requires certification of immunization records from either a physician, public health agency or medical facility.
The pre-kindergarten and kindergarten registration process includes a screening of your child in the areas of basic concepts, language and motor skills. The entire registration and screening process takes approximately one hour.
Please call the elementary school office at 518-661-8251 after Feb. 1 to set up your one-hour appointment.