Student Registration

Registering your child at a new school is an important step and the staff at Mayfield Central School believe this process should be an easy and enjoyable one for everyone. Mayfield offers the option of completing student registration online. Online registration can be completed for any student entering Mayfield Central School including Pre-K and Kindergarten registration. To register a new student, please follow the directions below. For any questions, please contact Sarah Jones, District Registrar at

Contact Us:

27 School Street, Mayfield, NY 12117
Telephone: (518) 661-8222
Guidance Office Fax: (518) 661-7834

Pre-K and Kindergarten Eligibility:

  • Any child age 4 on or before December 1 of the upcoming school year is eligible for Pre-K
  • Any child age 5 on or before December 1 of the upcoming school year is eligible for Kindergarten
  • Residency within the Mayfield Central School District
  • The New York State Department of Health has mandated that no pupil can be admitted to school without the following immunizations: List of Required Immunizations. The law requires certification of immunization records from either a physician, public health agency or medical facility.

Directions for Registering Any Student at Mayfield Central School District:

Step 1:
Gather the following documents and additional registration forms:

  • Two proofs of residency. You will need one of each of the following options:
    1. Utility bill (National Grid, Spectrum or fuel delivery)
    2. Driver’s license with parents’ current address on it
    3. Lease agreement/mortgage (in the name of registering parent

Step 2:
Register online at:

Step 3:
We will contact you to schedule an appointment to review your documents. For questions or help registering a student, please contact the District Registrar.

Sarah Jones – District Registrar
27 School Street, Mayfield, NY 12117
Phone: 518-661-8213
Fax: (518) 661-7834

Extenuating Circumstances:

If student lives in the district with an adult other than parent(s), the district needs legal court papers determining the custody of the student. A meeting with principal and/or superintendent may be necessary for approval. Pease bring any other extenuating circumstances to the attention of district registrar.

Out-of-District Registrants:

If student lives out of the district and wishes to be considered for non-resident status, they must send a letter requesting attendance including the reason for the request to the superintendent.  Upon approval from the superintendent, the student may register proceed with the registration process.